Tuesday, October 21, 2008

While I am alive I will bless You!

O Elohiym you are Almighty early in the morning I will look for You because my soul is thirsty and I really need You and this place where I live is dry and thirsty, it has no answers or water for my soul; I will look for You to see Your power and Your glory as I have seen You in the special place on the mountain where I talk to you.

I will shout out loud about You because You are so loving and kind to me that your kindness is better than life.

While I am alive I will bow down before You, I will lift up my hands in honor of Your name.

My soul is satisfied with You as someone who has eaten the very best gourmet meal, and with great joy I will sing about You!

When I lay my head down upon my bed to sleep; I think about You, throughout the night I think about how You have blessed me.

Because You have helped me so much I will shout for joy in Your protective care.

Emotionally my soul continually needs You , I hold on to Your right hand, You hold me up.

But those who are looking for me to destroy me emotionally, they will go to their grave.

They will be killed, they will be scavenged by foxes.

But I will celebrate Elohiym, every one that believes Elohiym will celebrate;
but the mouth of those who spread lies will be stopped.


Personal translation of Psalm 63. David wrote this Psalm when he was in the wilderness of Judah.

No comments: