Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Walking with my best friend

I was up early this morning. Talked to my best friend. He asked me to walk with him today. When I walk with him he always leads me gently like a good shepherd. Today he's going to make sure I have everything I need. I will eat the very best food and drink peaceful water. My soul has been troubled as of late; today he took that worry from me, my soul is whole again. As long as I follow him I will be walking on the right path because it's the only path he can lead me on, his name is righteousness. When I walk through scary places ; the ones that are so dark that I could actually die places, I will not be afraid of the evil things that could happen to me because my best friend will walk with me . He will have his rod and his staff because sometimes I get off the path so I will need to be reminded and my enemies are so lively he will need to fight them for me. This is comforting to me. Today he will make me look greatly loved, greatly blessed, and greatly cared for, right where my enemies can see me. He will bless me so much that I will not be able to hold it all. He will always be good to me, always be merciful to me as long as I live and one day I will go to where he lives and live there forever.
Personal translation of Psalm 23

No comments: