Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jesus open my eyes...

Early in the morning a servant of the Holy Man got up and went out. Surprise! Horses and chariots surrounding the city! The young man exclaimed, "Oh, master! What shall we do?"
He said, "Don't worry about it—there are more on our side than on their side."
Then Elisha prayed, "O God, open his eyes and let him see."
The eyes of the young man were opened and he saw. A wonder! The whole mountainside full of horses and chariots of fire surrounding Elisha! II Kings 6: 15-17


I have been acting like Elisha's servant. Today I read this and I am thinking about how my eyes have been gazing at the seemingly impossible instead of the One who makes it all possible. Today I asked Jesus to open my eyes. Today I am choosing to believe that the solution to my "great problem" has already been worked out. Why do I close my eyes when I have known all along that the God of heaven, Creator of all things, has not forgotten me? If I spent more time reading Bible stories like this my eyes would remain open and I would remember that Jesus is faithful!

No comments: