Friday, April 17, 2009

Why?

I never ceased to be amazed by religious people. People who follow a set of rigid rules made by man to earn their spot in the heaven they have imagined and yet they have a hard time doing what Jesus asks. They seem to miss that part altogether. They can tell you about all the laws and traditions set up by the people at the church that they go to. They can even show you how they keep all those laws and traditions. Jesus sums up all the foolishness in one simple verse.
" If you [really] love Me, you will keep (obey) My commands."John 14:15
Why is that so hard? All week I have been subjected to the torture of people of traditions and man made rules trying to convince me that their way to heaven is the only way. I am desperately done with all of it. My heart aches because no-one wants to talk about Jesus. Why is that?

2 comments:

Toknowhim said...

Thanks for participating this week at the Cafe... I loved your honesty... Blessings...

Aunt Angie said...

What TRUTH you have written!

May the LORD bless you and give you the STRENGTH you need through this time! Thank you for your visit and kind words on my blog :)